THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Drunkard...

Today's the last day of Polytechnic University of the Philippines - Maragondon Extension's 22nd Foundation Week.
And everyone's up for a celebration.


Today, my friends and I just hanged out at my place. And when it's 3:30PM, they all went home except me. I went to our school and found out about the soiree. I saw some of my classmates there and didn't hesitate to join them.

Last Monday and Tuesday, there's not much to do so my friends and I decided to have a drinking session. Well, it was a starter for a bigger drinking session that happened today. Yeah, every single student organization in PUP-ME emptied their wallets for the beers and liquors.


Every student society found their own places around the campus to celebrate PUP-ME's birthday. One beside the canteen, another in a not-so-large vacant lot and another under a mango tree. They set up chairs and tables that would accommodate everyone who wants to join in.

Electronics and Communications Engineering Students' Society (ECESS, the student society where I belong since I'm an ECE student) turned one class room into a mini bar. There were several cases of beers everywhere, a karaoke and party people. Everyone was having a great time and everybody's friends with everybody. Outside the room, the ECE girls are cooking fishballs, fries and I don't remember the other one. So apparently, the CLASSROOM became a karaoke bar. hahaha.

We started at about 4 in the afternoon. About three groups of drinkers divided the room. At first, I was only drinking with 3 persons. 2 of my classmates and 1 2nd year student. Then our small "group" was divided. I joined a larger group which composed of 5th years, 4th years, 3rd years and of course, my other classmates.

The students of higher years were very accommodating and pleasant to everyone.
So the nerves were off when some Kuya's and Ate's introduced theirselves.

It's a relief that everyone was so warm in their greetings and NO ONE would feel out-of-place.

Drinking, singing and talking to everyone was the routine thoughout the event.

When the night falls, as I went to the comfort room to pee, hahaha, I saw a lot of students --- drunk students. There was even a girl who cannot manage to stand on her own and has to be carried by her friends. It's a good thing the beers haven't gotten into me and I still have control over my body. LOL

By that time, the classroom became more bar-ish. A few students packed up and went home. While some others resumed their drinking session when they managed to have more beers. (After about 2 hours, more drunk students but less alcohol. haha)

Most of us were on out feet now and they started partying. (I was either sitting or loittering around) The karaoke singing became more intensed when 2 students had a duet. It was fun to watch.

At about 7:30 PM, I decided to go home coz my companions already went home and I wouldn't be much fun anymore if they weren't there.

All in all, more friends (hopefully), fun, and a lot of enjoyment. (they were synonimous though)

When I got home, I started feeling a bit of headache and a cup of coffee couldn't make it go away.
So till now that I'm blogging, after about 3 hours, there's still a bit of it in the head... Urgh!

Till then, cheers!
(Can you believe it, a university tolerating drinking? LOL :-) It was so much FUN!)

January 29, 2009 10:50 PM

0 comments: